The membership was spread across the whole Niagara Peninsula. They were eager to have their own place of worship. Some thought the property on Montrose was too desolate a spot to build. When the Baptist Church building on Jepson Street came up for sale, some thought it too old a
building and in need of significant repair.
After long debate the decision was made to buy the Jepson property and it was given the biblical name Rehoboth, meaning “The LORD has given us room”. The property on Carroll Street was sold and the house next to the church was bought as a parsonage. The popular name “the Dutch Church” was set aside in favour of the title, “The Christian Reformed Church.
By 1975 the congregation had grown to about 400 people and its members had become well integrated into Canadian Society. There was a need for new washrooms, as well as rooms for catechism instruction, cadets and kitchen facilities. A walkway and entrance from the read was required as well as parking space for busses. When costs were calculated the plan for a three
storey addition was downsized to a two storey addition.
By 1991 it was evident that consideration of a new building was out of the question and further repairs were undertaken. When total repairs to the roof were completed in 2015 the name of the church was officially changed to Faith Fellowship Christian Reformed Church.
see The Jepson Street Church 1916 to 2016: Richard Meloen (2016)
Forts of Niagara Replay
Coming Out Stories: Jessica Koroll, AKA Chase Hart
Touch Tour: Museum Collection Behind-the-Scenes
Beekeeping in Ancient Egypt